Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Cell Phone usage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cell Phone usage

    things I can not stand to see is an adult who should know better but they totaly disrespect [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] the cashier checking them out by talking through the whole transaction on their phone.
    Remember when we didn't need a phone with us every second of the day?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phone usage

    I work at the cafe at my college and it takes longer for us to complete the transaction that way.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phone usage

    Believe me bro, I hate cell phones just as much as you.

    I'm 17 and most people my age have one, but I don't because I just really can't find the point in using one so much. I mean, is it really that necessary to carry those things around EVERYWHERE? Besides emergencies, they are worthless to me.

    How many people actually save them just for emergencies? They HAVE been helpful in emergencies, but most people just carry them around to talk on all the time. They should just have them embedded inside their ears so that they'll never have to worry about losing it or pulling it back out.

    I've seen cell phones almost everywhere..
    Dollywood
    Restaurants (of all kinds)
    Movie Theatre (<-- this is what I hate most)
    School (<-- this is what I hate second most)

    It's funny because at school we are allowed to have them IF they are turned off and out of sight, yet I STILL see people - just like last year - holding them out during class, text messaging people left and right. Can they really not wait long enough to get out of class or out of school to talk to those people? Christ..

    Cell phones should just be destroyed, PERIOD! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member brasspig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phone usage

    There was a student text messaging during the University Symphony Orchestra concert Friday night. Oh I couldn't HEAR them, but I could see their LCD screen nice and bright every time they opened up the phone! Arrrggggh! I was about to take it and throw it off the balcony! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phone usage

    I can't stand it when people are at a restaurant and will answer their phone. My boyfriend learned the hard way that he isn't allowed to answer the phone during dinner. Its also irritating to hear people who believe they have to speak 5 times louder on a cell phone than they do on a normal phone!

    I keep my phone turned on vibrate or silent 24/7, my friends get irritated because I don't always answer when they call, but I don't have my phone ringing at inappropriate times, and I usually call them back soon enough.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phone usage

    I use a cell phone. But I think they shouldn't be used when you're paying for something, during class, during an assembly, etc. My senior year of marching band as a section leader I had to stay onto one kid for using his cell phone constantly.

    At convocations I've seen people disrespecting the rules and using a cell phone to text message.

    I was taking someones order for a sub last week and it took an extra 5 minutes to make it because what were they doing? Chatting on the phone instead of asking the person if they could call back in about 3 minutes.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phone usage

    one time when i was at the theater in Wise there was a group of girls (probably 14 years old) who talked on and off on their phones during the movie.... i taught in wise county at the time so the next day my high school students got to hear my opinion on that matter. Several times in Abingdon and Bristol I've heard cell phones ring and be answered during a movie.

    Anyway I also agree its rude to talk on your cell phone while checking out. But then again people do other rude things as well. They won't hand the money to the cashier's outstretched hand- instead they fling it on the counter. (Of course they then expect to be handed the change) And of course there are some people who ignore the cashier when they greet them. My point is that yes people are rude on cell phones, but people are just more rude in general it seems like these days. We live in a me society.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phone usage

    There will be a point in time that you will need a cellphone. As far as everyone not liking the "appropriate" times other people use their cellphone. We might as well get used to it because it's not going to stop.

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Cell Phone usage

    when Im in line, Im in line to pay for whatever I am buying, not to socialize. If they person checking me out doesnt realize that, its not my fault. He is my money, Ill see the total. Id rather have my phone call.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell Phone usage

    That's true, we'll have to get used to it, but that doesn't change the fact that some people are incredibly rude with their usage of them.
    Officially retired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •